"Some days, you eat the bear. Some days, the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" - The Adventurer's Club
The Bear - whatever self-destructive tendency that gets the better of you./Ammo - Tools for success!/Dressing for the Hunt - Prepare for what comes with support.
Anyone else like the taste of Roasted Bear Meat?
I do.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Physical + Emotional Wellness - Picking Yourself Up.

 "NOTHING tastes as good as Victory feels." - Me
In 2008, I completed my first Triathlon. In 2010, I completed my 2nd Triathlon.
And today - I'm 2lbs away from my heaviest weight since 2009.

Yikes! So what happened? I can blame it on hormones, since my body is going through some craziness that's out of my control. I can blame it on stress, 'cause God knows I've had enough of that going around lately, between planning a wedding, dealing with military stuff, work stuff, and the stress that goes along with having a close family member fight cancer.

I really do have some great excuses.

But when it all comes down to it, the facts are the facts. And facing that you've fallen on your face isn't easy. Especially for someone like me. Some days it feels like that little voice inside my head is just looking for reasons to reinforce that awful feeling for "you're just a failure" all over again.

Well, it's time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and get busy living.

With that in mind, I looked back on some of my triumphs and realized, "I did it once; I can do it again."

It's not going to be easy. It is going to take work. I'll probably be sore, a lot. I'll miss out on some things because I'm choosing NOT to miss out on taking care of myself. I'll find a new normal.

I know I can tone up and lose weight. Not just for the wedding, but forever.

And when my inspiration fails, I know I can remember those closest to me that motivate me without even trying. Like my mom, who fought Endometriosis (one of my conditions as well) AND stayed in shape by teaching Jazzersize THROUGH the pain. Like my dad, who's fighting Pancreatic Cancer by staying active despite his Chemo. Like my friend with 2 kids (one that's special needs) that runs MARATHONS!  If they can deal with what they are dealing with AND take care of their friends and loved ones, then I can CERTAINLY make time to take better care of myself.

Everyone will fail. It's part of life. But I can either wallow in it, or learn from it and move on success.

Hitting a low reminds me that every day is 'decision time.'

So, Hakuna Matata failure. It's time to succeed.

Nothing tastes as good as Victory feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment