"Some days, you eat the bear. Some days, the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" - The Adventurer's Club
The Bear - whatever self-destructive tendency that gets the better of you./Ammo - Tools for success!/Dressing for the Hunt - Prepare for what comes with support.
Anyone else like the taste of Roasted Bear Meat?
I do.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

All the Wellness Wrapped Up - My Latest Doctor's Appointment

Today I found a new GP (General Practioner). I feel really good about this guy and it's only about 15 minutes away, which is awesome.

We talked about all the symptoms I've had for the last week which include a range of things from hot flashes, sleeplessness, upset stomach, high blood pressure (not dangerously high, but still higher than it should be), early pregnancy symptoms (no, I'm not pregnant), to the most bothersome- REALLY annoying, unrelenting shoulder pain.

Basically, we came to the conclusion that... I'm a stress case.

Surprised? I was. Sort of.

Not that I don't have a lot in my life to be stressed about. Like everyone else, there is no shortage of things for me to stress out about. I don't FEEL like I'm at my limit, but my body is letting me know that 1 hour of Zumba is not enough stress release for me.

So for the next month, I'm going to do bi-weekly posts focused on different ways to relieve stress, from bubble bathes to every-day doable stuff we all can work into our lives.

Hope you enjoy this wellness journey as much as I am going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment